Portage County District Library is happy to announce that we have entered the second phase of our return-to-service plan. Patrons are now able to schedule times to pick up their holds at our branches.
Here is all the information you'll need to know...
Holds may be placed through our online catalog, or by calling any of our branch locations. If you don’t know exactly what you want and are looking for suggestions or recommendations, our staff will be happy to help you select materials, though we will be limiting those staff-selected materials to five items per transaction. For reading suggestions, we also recommend using our NoveList and NoveList K-8 Plus databases, which are available through our online catalog.
**If you currently have holds designated for a Library Express location that are shown as being UNAVAILABLE, you may modify those holds and change the pick up location to your preferred branch location.
SCHEDULING PICK UP TIME-
When your items are at the branch and ready for pickup, you will receive an automated notification by phone, text, or email based on your preferences. We ask that after you receive this notification, you contact the branch to schedule pick up options. In the interest of saving trips, if you are requesting multiple items, you may want to wait until most or all of them arrive before scheduling a time.
When it is time to pick up your items, they will be bagged for privacy and set out for pick-up in the following locations:
- Aurora Memorial Library (330-562-6502): In the front lobby of the building near the display cases.
- Garrettsville Library (330-527-4378): In the lobby directly inside the front door
- Pierce Streetsboro Library (330-626-4458): Outside the doors to the library building, adjacent to the book returns
- Windham Library (330-326-3145): Inside the Renaissance Family Center, outside the library doors
- For patrons scheduling pick up at the Randolph Library (330-325-7003), your pick-up process will be somewhat different. When you schedule a time to pick up your materials you will be asked for the color and model of the vehicle which you will be driving. When arriving to pick up materials, we ask that you park in the front parking spaces and open the trunk of your vehicle, library staff will then place those items in the trunk. Please remain in your vehicle for the entire time that staff are delivering your materials.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS-
In all cases, we ask that patrons return library materials to the book drops. In accordance with current CDC guidelines, we will be keeping materials separated for at least 72 hours before they are checked in. Because of this, items may remain on your account for some time after you have returned them. We will not be charging fines on any items during this time.
At present, we do not have a set date when we will be re-opening our doors to the public. During this time, we will be working to make sure we can do so in a safe and responsible manner.