Portage County District Library (PCDL) —November 2, 2021 Issue #1
1 mill 10 year levy to provide a stable base of funding for the library's continuing operating expenses.
A homeowner with a home valued at $100,000 will pay approximately $35 annually.
The strategic plan of the PCDL Board of Trustees outlines top priorities after a successful levy campaign, which include, but are not limited to:
- Restore hours at all branches, including Thursday hours.
- Increase services and materials at existing branches.
- Work with local communities to determine the possibility of a new branch.
- Purchase a bookmobile or similar mobile service opportunity.
- Double current outreach to homebound and assisted living facilities.
- Add regular mobile service to each of the school districts without a branch location.
We are trusted and reliable partners committed to community involvement and social impact.
We work with each other and other communities to provide meaningful support for initiatives.
We embrace passion and fun in the pursuit of lifelong learning for our staff and our communities.
Forward Directed –
We are relevant to our community and innovative in our services and programs,
taking the initiative to understand and act on trends significant to our communities.
We are excellent stewards of our resources and operate with integrity and ingenuity in support of our communities.
Service Focused –
We are a welcoming and inclusive space where everyone is treated with compassion and kindness.
We provide knowledgeable assistance and equal access to our resources.